17 Unique Ways to Serve
April is volunteer appreciation month, and as such, we wanted to give a HUGE shout out to all the volunteers at Northgate who make this church such a beautiful, thriving, fun place to be—a place where everyone is passionate about helping people become who God purposed them to be.
If you are volunteering you should know that you are making a difference.
Every moment of your time-- every effort on your part--whether it’s as small as a smile or as big as a mission trip, is helping to shape this church and the world around it.
You are great!
No, really…you are!
“Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve…. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
So again, thank you, volunteers! Northgate wouldn’t be the same without you!
Not a volunteer yet?
Are you looking for some ways to get more involved at church?
We want to serve with you!
Here’s a list of some out-of-the-ordinary things you could do that would make a big difference.
1. Slice bread and pour the wine for communion the first Saturday or Sunday each month.
2. Pass out donuts & coffee at the Ramsey Train Station to be friendly to our neighbors! Just a one time event.
3. Click slides one weekend a month with our tech team. Bonus is that this team will make you LAUGH!
4. Rock babies during the church service so parents can go to church.
5. Lead a small group of teenagers. Questions and pizza provided.
6. Wear a neon vest (cute!) and help park cars or greet people as they walk through our lot.
7. Make meals or clean homes. Our Tangible Blessings Team helps provide simple services to help where it’s needed most!
8. PRAY. We’re working towards a goal of 50,000 hours as a church. We need YOU to pray 30 minutes a day (or more).
9. Set up Pipe ‘n Drape. Each Saturday, we create a cozy experience in the auditorium but it requires set up crew that helps out once a month.
10. Update the lobby’s chalkboard with fun questions, cute designs, or inspiring scriptures.
11. Good with filming and editing? Help curate audio and video content for our social media platforms.
12. Be a greeter onsite when our building is being rented out to a community partner!
13. Stack chairs after Sunday service. We rent to our neighbors at the school who need the space so we clear out the seats for them!
14. Make photo-backdrops. Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day…anytime we’re celebrating it’s a good excuse for photos. Be the person who creates and assembles the display.
15. Spring cleaning projects at our building. Buh-bye, dust bunnies!
16. Meet someone new each weekend in the lobby…it makes the whole place feel warm and friendly.
17. Help out with summer outdoor movie nights. Popping popcorn, setting up speakers, greeting the neighborhood…it’ll be fun!
Are you uniquely skilled or passionate about any of these things?
Do any of these things sound interesting to you?
If you want to jump in, just let us know! We’re excited to hear from you!