Happy Birthday, Sarah!
Yesterday was Sarah’s birthday! I don’t know a more wonderful person. I’m so grateful to be sharing my life with her! She is truly my soul-mate and best friend. Instead of going out (it’s a little difficult with the baby), I made her a restaurant-style dinner at home. I’ve climbed some pretty steep mountains in my life, but nothing like this dinner. It was, gratefully, a success. Here’s what I made:
- Butter lettuce salad with a tarragon vinaigrette and loads of parmesan shavings
- Horseradish-mustard crusted prime rib with a cognac cream sauce
- Potatoes au gratin with Irish and sharp cheddar cheeses
- Balsamic roasted tomatoes with mushrooms
- Ice cream sundaes with homemade peppermint chocolate sauce and fresh whipped cream
Not bad for someone who doesn’t cook, eh? I love you, Sarah. I’ll quit bragging about my cooking now, I promise.
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value (Proverbs 31:10-11).